Wednesday 19 March 2014

La Huerta, Arroyo de la Miel, Benalmádena: Review

Regular readers of this blog will by now have realised I am currently in Spain. Whilst the Spanish are trying to catch up, the infrastructure companies are dallying in rolling out modern, fast internet (amongst other telecommunications difficulties - just try getting a telephone line!). I have had to hunt hither & thither for a good wifi connection. In the hotel it costs me €20/week and is slower than the 1.5 Mb/s I get back home! So I found a zona wifi gratuita - free wifi - at La Huerta tapas-bar.

The staff are lovely. The food even lovelier. And I should never in a million years have thought to chill Rioja; but mmmmmmmm how it works! A glass of wine and a tapas costs typically about €4-5, depending on what you select.

I had best also point out that I have not used La Huerta once without a local or tourist starting me up in conversation. It is that kind of friendly place.

Of course, I recommend. I visit once to twice each week. And by the by, their espresso - or café solo corto - is delicious: just do not let on to the owner that the barman makes the better cup! ;)


[Image description: external front façade]

[Image description: barman & owner; they insist they are both tasty
but I have not licked them to determine if this is so!]


[Image description: magro {thigh jamón} con tomate]


[Image description: my favourite of their dishes, pulpo a la Galega
- don't ask what it is, just try it!]


[Image description: salchichones with chilled Rioja]

Enjoy!
%P



1 comment:

  1. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. La Serena Golf

    ReplyDelete