Sunday 3 July 2016

Bored? - The best is yet to come.

 
[Image description: slogan - "THE BEST IS YET TO COME"; © n/k]

I am coming up for fifty-two and I genuinely say and believe that the present is the best part of my life. No regrets. Live each day to the fullest you are capable of. Most days I am trapped abed; but the days I am up & about are very precious. Nonetheless, even those days I am trapped in my bed-cell, through the æther I live to the fullest extent I can.

If you are bored - go for a walk (something I can no longer do);
If you are bored - read a book (something I can rarely do);
If you are bored - cook a meal for a friend (something I can do from time to time with some assistance);
If you are bored - draw, paint, create whatever (something I can no longer do);
If you are bored - go out and dance alone (something I can no longer do) and dance and dance and dance;
If you are bored - write a poem (something I can still occasionally do on those days when I have some nous);
If you are bored - well, you only have yourself to blame. As Zelda Fitzgerald said, "she refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn't boring." ;)

 
Live life whilst you can -
you never know when it will be taken from you!


[video: Pet Shop Boys - Being Boring]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment